The Private Equity Institute was renamed the Coller Institute of Private Equity on 6 October 2008 following the multi million commitment from the J Coller Foundation.
Housed within London Business School, the Institute was initially established in 2004 by its current Chairman, Professor Eli Talmor, together with Senia Rapisarda and students from the School’s Private Equity Club.
The Coller Institute is run by its Chairman, Academic Director and Executive Director who together are responsible for establishing and implementing its strategy and research agenda to achieve its overall vision.
The Coller Institute’s activities are in addition to the J Coller Foundation gift, supported by donations from Partners of the Institute. Current Partners are Barclays Wealth and MVision. Past Partners were Coller Capital and Kirkland & Ellis.
Inaugural PhD Prize awarded
The inaugural PhD Prize was awarded on 30 November 2010 to Ji-Woong Chung, currently of Ohio State University for “Performance Persistence in Private Equity Funds”. Linus Siming, currently of Bocconi University, was awarded the runner-up prize for “Your Former Employees Matter: Private Equity Firms and Their Financial Advisors”. Both winner and runner-up presented their papers to the assembled audience on the award evening. Please refer http://www.collerinstitute.com/Blogs/Show/7/54#entry-54 for a write-up of the event.
New website launched at www.collerinstitute.com
- New website launched at www.collerinstitute.com
New Donor and Private Equity Findings Launched
- MVision becomes a new Partner Donor to the Institute.
- Mounir Guen joins the Advisory Board.
- Private Equity Findings is launched.
- Professor Francesca Cornelli is appointed Academic Director.
- Hans Holmen appointed new Executive Director in November.
Name change and further appointments
- Ann Iveson appointed Executive Director.
- Institute holds Inaugural Academic Symposium.
- The Institute is renamed the Coller Institute of Private Equity